- Eligibility. To participate in the Informational Texts, you must be a resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older and be a licensed healthcare provider in the United States. Novo Nordisk reserves the right to require you to prove that you meet this eligibility criteria. THE INFORMATION TEXTS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR PATIENTS, CAREGIVERS, OR ANY NON-LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
- Communication Options. To opt-in to the Informational Texts, you must text CHANGE to 54178. You do not need to worry about whether this text is in SMS or MMS as the next step will occur regardless. You will then be required to text back YES to further opt-in to start receiving these informational text messages. If you agree, a confirmation text message will be sent to the phone number you used to text 54178. By choosing to enroll in the Informational Texts, you agree to receive automated, one-way informational text messages related to official Novo Nordisk updates about Wegovy. However, specific words will trigger an automated response as noted below. We do not guarantee that the Informational Texts communications will be received and are not responsible for lost or misdirected communications.
For additional customer support, you can text “HELP” to 54178 or call 800-727-6500.
You can opt out of the Informational Texts at any time by sending a reply text stating “STOP” or “QUIT” to 54178. You will receive a confirmation text message immediately upon replying “STOP” or “QUIT” and will be fully opted-out of the text message program at that point.
PLEASE NOTE that opting out of the Informational Texts does not unsubscribe and/or opt you out of any future communications from Novo Nordisk or its partners that you may have previously signed up for separate and apart from the Informational Texts. Please follow instructions specific to those other, non-marketing communications to opt-out. You may opt out of marketing communications with Novo Nordisk or its partners, by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link within any email you receive from Novo Nordisk or its partners, by calling 800-727-6500, clicking here, or by sending Novo Nordisk a letter containing your name, email address, and phone number, to Novo Nordisk, 800 Scudders Mill Road, Plainsboro, New Jersey 08536.
- Text Messaging. If you choose to enroll in the Informational Texts, the following terms apply:
a. Text Message Frequency. The Informational Texts’s message frequency will vary. Please be aware that Novo Nordisk brands and services may have separate text messaging programs. The total number of text messages you receive from Novo Nordisk or its partners, therefore, may vary based on the number of Novo Nordisk text messaging programs for which you sign-up to receive messages.
b. Cost. You will not be charged any fee from Novo Nordisk or its partners in connection with the Informational Texts to receive automated text messages. However, Novo Nordisk encourages you to check with your mobile service provider to see what other message and data rates may apply, including any applicable roaming charges. Novo Nordisk is not responsible for any fees or charges from any carrier or service provider related to the Informational Texts communications.
c. Supported Carriers.
SMS Messages. The following US carriers are supported for SMS Messages:
i. Major Carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile USA.
ii. Minor Carriers: Aio Wireless, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Boost Mobile, Carolina West Wireless, CellCom, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Arizona, Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Chariton Valley Cellular, Cricket, Coral Wireless (MobiPCS), Cross, C-Spire (CellSouth), Duet IP (Maximum Communications New Core Wireless), Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Google Voice, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Metro PCS, Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), MTA Communications, MTPCS (Cellular One Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, Panhandle Communications, Peoples Wireless, Pine Cellular, Pioneer, RINA, Sagebrush Cellular (Nemont), SI Wireless/Mobile Nation, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), SouthernLinc, SRT Wireless, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Virgin Mobile, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
MMS Messages. The following US carriers are supported for the MMS Messages: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile USA/Sprint, and US Cellular. All other US carriers do not support MMS. If you do not have one of the supported US carriers, you will not be able to receive MMS Messages. If that is the case, you will receive an error message with a link to a Novo Nordisk website containing similar information about Wegovy.
d. Your Mobile Telephone Number. You represent that you are the account holder or authorized user for the mobile telephone number you opt-in to receive text messages for the Informational Texts.
e. Access or Delivery to Mobile Network is Not Guaranteed. Delivery of information and content to a mobile device is not guaranteed and may fail due to a variety of circumstances or conditions. Alerts sent via text message may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Novo Nordisk will not be held responsible for any delays in the receipt of any text messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service provider or network operator. You understand and acknowledge that network services, including but not limited to mobile network services, are outside of Novo Nordisk’s control. Note that there may be data or message fees imposed by your carrier or service provider if you choose to receive text messages from the Informational Texts.
- Privacy & Security. As noted above, to enroll in the Informational Texts, you must text 54178 from your phone number only. We need this information to provide you with the Informational Texts services. Novo Nordisk does not retain any information about you except in furtherance of transmitting the Informational Texts. Your phone number will not be shared with Novo Nordisk service providers. Novo Nordisk may use non-identifiable, engagement information for commercial insights and analytics as well as product improvements. For more information on how we collect and use your information, please read our full Privacy Notice https://www.novonordisk-us.com/disclaimer-privacy.html.
- Content. All information available in or provided through the Informational Texts is collectively referred to in these Terms as the “Content.” The Content will include educational materials, efficacy reminders, as well as dosing information and helpful videos/resources about Wegovy. The Content is provided for your personal, noncommercial use only. You may access, view, use, display, and download the Content, but you do not receive any ownership in or to the Content or any copies thereof. You may not sell, give, reproduce, create derivative works of, publicly display, or otherwise distribute the Content to anyone other than your physician(s) or caregiver(s). All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Novo Nordisk assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of any information provided by you through the Informational Texts.
- NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. The Informational Texts is only informational in nature and is not meant to be medical in nature. OUR CONTENT AND COMMUNICATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. THE CONTENT AND COMMUNICATIONS DO NOT CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. You understand that Novo Nordisk does not endorse any particular physician or health care provider for the treatment of any specific medical condition. You further understand that the Informational Texts is not a means to communicate product issues or negative side effects to Novo Nordisk. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA at www.fda.gov/medwatch, or by phone at 1-800-FDA-1088. Novo Nordisk does not monitor or record the Informational Texts. For additional information about Wegovy, please call Novo Nordisk Customer Care at 1-833-693-6742.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including the documents incorporated herein by reference, is the entire understanding and agreement between the Informational Texts and you with respect to the subject matter hereof.
- Miscellaneous. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. To the event that any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. No delay or failure by the Informational Texts to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall be a waiver of any of our rights under this Agreement.
© 2023 Novo Nordisk All rights reserved. January 2023